Learn Accounting the Fun Way
Carl is just your average guy (with a slightly larger than average nose) who has the dream of starting up a small business. The problem is he doesn’t really understand accounting. In this introductory course to accounting Carl will venture off into the business world. He’ll learn all the accounting he could ever dream of, and then some.
Introductory Accounting Course Outline
Introduction – Meet the Teacher (optional)
- Why Study Accounting?
- Myths about Accounting
- What is a Business Anyway?
- Meet Carl, Proud Owner of Carl’s Clockworks
- The Importance of Accounting for Business People
- Sample Financial Statements
- Two Criteria for Useful Financial Statements
- What is GAAP?
- The Governing Bodies of Accounting
- Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Balance Sheet Examples
- More Balance Sheet Examples
- What is an Income Statement?
- Carl Creates His First Income Statement
- What is a Statement of Cash Flows?
- Debits and Credits (the Rules)
- Debits and Credits Examples
- Debits and Credits Continued
- Accounting Journal Entries
- What is a General Ledger
- Trial Balance